Minecraft/Creating New Profile
The Clanforge Profile system provides a very quick and compact way of having multiple setups for your server. Each of these profiles is completely autonomous and no 2 profiles will interact with each other, meaning that you could have survival mode on Map A on one profile and creative mode on Map B on another profile. Due to this, if you create a new profile you will also need to re-add any information to the server.properties as well as other files such as ops.txt.
Sometimes it's necessary to switch to a new Minecraft profile when a new version of the game is released, or if there are significant issues with the current profile or you just wish to start with a fresh configuration.
Switching profiles is easy to do, all the information is outlined below!
Creating the new Profile
Firstly you will need to create a new profile with the correct game & mod selected.
1. Navigate to Clanforge -> Manage -> Profiles -> Create New
2. Select the game from the dropdown menu (Minecraft)
3. Select the necessary mod you wish to run the server under, taking careful note of the names.
4. Select a default template to base your profile on (usually only a single template exists and is selected by default)
5. Give the new profile a name of your choice.
6. Create the profile, configure to your liking & save any changes made.
Switching to the newly created Profile
Once you have created the profile, it doesn't become active on the server straight away.
1. Navigate to Clanforge -> Manage -> Switch Profile (Select the relevant profile to switch to).
2. Select the game as Minecraft
3. Select the Mod you created the new profile under
4. Select the relevant profile (will auto-select if there is only one profile)
5. Click save & your service will be restarted with the new profile active.
Creating Tekkit and Bukkit Servers (and other mods too!)
Please see the following Multiplay created [video guide] for instructions on how to setup and connect to a Bukkit Server
Please see the following Multiplay created [video guide] for how to connect to a Tekkit Classic Server